My Music (Listen with quality headphones)

Wednesday 14 August 2013

The best spectrogram/frequency monitor for Ubuntu Linux: baudline

I tested spek, freqtweak, sndfile-spectrogram (sndfile-tools), jaaa, xoscope, but baudline seemed to be the best one.

Baudline isn't in the Ubuntu repos so you have to download it from the link above.

Since I wanted to analyze a sine wave generated by AMS, I ran baudline_jack (instead of baudline).

Here's a screenshot showing the frequency of a sine wave generated using AMS, using a VCO set to octave 3.






If you mouseover the white left to the left, you'll see the frequency at the right--in this case, a sine wave set to octave 3 in ams generates a tone at ~150 Hz, which is near a D3 note.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My content is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. I work hard to publish relevant and useful information in order to help people learn difficult things and find solutions to their problems, so please attribute me if you reuse my content elsewhere.