My Music (Listen with quality headphones)

Sunday 16 June 2013

Music Analysis - Suspense: Scary and Suspenseful Music

I've started a new playlist that focuses on suspenseful and scary music. I'm going to try to find out what makes a track suspenseful and/or scary, and list them below.



Common elements of suspenseful/scary music:
* long, low notes
* short or fast-changing (atonal?) high notes
* deep, chanting, male voices
* chaotic noises
* loud, unexpected noises/motifs

(to be continued...)

Spotify HTTP link
Spotify URI

No comments:

Post a Comment

My content is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. I work hard to publish relevant and useful information in order to help people learn difficult things and find solutions to their problems, so please attribute me if you reuse my content elsewhere.