My Music (Listen with quality headphones)

Thursday 15 August 2013

There's more to music clefs than meets the eye--the clef symbol itself points to where a specific note is on the staff

I didn't know there was anything more to music clefs than simply denoting which clef the staff is, when actually they represent the placement on the staff of a particular, single note.

The treble clef is aka the G-clef because the G note is on the line that runs through the swirly/curly base of the symbol.



The bass clef is aka the F-clef because the F note is on the staff line that runs between the colon part (two dots) of the symbol.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My content is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. I work hard to publish relevant and useful information in order to help people learn difficult things and find solutions to their problems, so please attribute me if you reuse my content elsewhere.