My Music (Listen with quality headphones)

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Batch-convert multiple wav files to flac on mac: xACT (Audio compression toolkit)

If you want to convert a folder of audio files (WAV, AIF, etc) on mac to e.g. FLAC, then install xACT.


This makes my life easier when I publish samples on ccMixter. I export Regions or Tracks from Logic Pro X as wav, then open them all at once in xACT, then batch-convert them to FLAC because ccMixter wants users to upload files as FLAC.
Please upload a preview in 128k MP3 and individual tracks as FLAC. Upload small samples as FLAC in a ZIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My content is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. I work hard to publish relevant and useful information in order to help people learn difficult things and find solutions to their problems, so please attribute me if you reuse my content elsewhere.