My Music (Listen with quality headphones)

Thursday 27 June 2013

LMMS - how to create a soft pedal audio effect for a piano SF2 soundfont

To emulate a piano soft pedal (una corda pedal) effect in LMMS, you click on the track > the settings window opens > click FX > click EFFECTS CHAIN (so it turns green) > click the Add Effect button > a window opens with a list of effects > type the word equal in the filter field at the top > choose LADSPA Effect: TAP Equalizer

In the TAP Equalizer controls window, double click the following controls and set their values to -20 (or more, depending on your taste):
Band 5 Gain (dB)
Band 6 Gain (dB)
Band 7 Gain (dB)
Band 8 Gain (dB)


Earlier this morning, I had no clue about how to achieve this, but thanks to a post by steve on the audacity forums, I was alerted to equalization. Then it was just a matter of playing around with the LADSPA plugin until I figured it out.

See also my tutorial about how to create a sustain pedal effect in LMMS for a piano soundfont.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My content is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. I work hard to publish relevant and useful information in order to help people learn difficult things and find solutions to their problems, so please attribute me if you reuse my content elsewhere.