My Music (Listen with quality headphones)

Tuesday 26 March 2013

My soundfont files (sf2) library with comments

I've recently started building and cataloguing my library of soundfont (sf2) files and I'm making it available to everyone:
NICKLEUS' SOUNDFONT FILES (SF2) LIBRARY
NICKLEUS' SOUNDFONT FILES (SF2) LIBRARY (VIEW AS HTML)

It's a Google Docs spreadsheet that looks like this:



I've just started so it's still bare-bones...

UPDATE 20130411: I've now added tons of soundfonts I think are worth using. 


Here are the important commands I use to generate data for the spreadsheet:
cd to the folder containing sf2 files

for f in *.[sS][fF]2; do echo "$f" >> out.txt;fluidsynth -a pulseaudio -i -f /path/to/music/lmms/sf2/shell-commands.txt "$f"|grep "^[0-9]\{3\}" >> out.txt; done

# formatting using regex
sed -r -i.bak s/\ +$//g out.txt
sed -r -i.bak s/^\([0-9]{3}\)\-\([0-9]{3}\)/\\1\\t\\2/g out.txt
sed -r -i.bak s/^\([0-9]{3}\\t[0-9]{3}\)\ /\\1\\t/g out.txt
sed -r -i.bak s/^\([0-9]{3}\\t[0-9]{3}\)/\\t\\1/g out.txt
sed -r -i.bak s/^\([^\\t]\)/\\n\\1/g out.txt


Open out.txt in geany
regex search:
(\.[sS][fF]2).*$\n

regex replace:
\1

Now the first instrument line is on the same line as the soundfont filename.

Copy the contents of out.txt and paste it into the spreadsheet.
Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My content is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. I work hard to publish relevant and useful information in order to help people learn difficult things and find solutions to their problems, so please attribute me if you reuse my content elsewhere.